Traditions of Dedham combines the most advanced safety systems with a rich lifestyle of socializing, continuing education, culture and entertainment. Everything we do puts safety first while embracing a philosophy that life is to be lived.
Infection Prevention & Virus Control
We take safety and health very seriously. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have greatly enhanced our practices and procedures to detect and contain any viral breakouts.
Virus management is about three primary things:
- Building Sanitation — We have deployed advanced electrostatic disinfecting technology at our communities, which sprays a very fine anti-viral mist onto surfaces and into cracks and crevices. This agent, which is harmless to humans, kills several types of virus (including COVID-19) on-contact at a microscopic level and is extremely effective for deep cleaning. In addition, our associate routine includes regularly sanitizing high-touch surfaces, such as counters, door knobs, chairs and other items.
- Personal Hygiene — Virus-prevention and containment training has been amplified in our communities. These address building cleanliness and the need for individuals to practice strict personal hygiene and protection habits, including wearing masks at all times in the community and other personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed, frequent hand-washing, taking care when outside the community, and other measures.
- Managing Interactions — The fight against transmission takes place at the doorway and during personal interactions. We screen all associates and building visitors before they are admitted to the community; once inside, all are to wear masks. When an associate is entering the apartment of someone is showing symptoms or has tested positive, they are donning full PPE, and the resident is wearing a mask. Any resident who is showing symptoms or has tested positive remains in self-isolation within their apartment at all times until medically-cleared.All interactions throughout the course of the day are done observing proper social distancing. In situations where people must be closer, proper PPE is worn at all times.
Our community has always employed aggressive, proactive measures to protect residents and associates from exposure to viruses and other potential health issues. We have long-established protocols designed to identify and contain viral outbreaks, and we have introduced a number of decisive new measures in the wake of COVID-19. These include:
– All associates, visitors and vendors are screened before entering the community, including temperature and lifestyle/potential exposures.
– All associates and visitors wear masks.
– Communal engagement activities happen in small, scheduled groups with social distancing.
– Any resident or associate who tests positive for COVID-19 must obtain two negative test results or self-isolate for a minimum
of 30 days before returning to community life.
– All residents are provided with masks.
– Communal dining happens in small, scheduled groups with social distancing in place.
– Hand sanitation stations throughout the community.
– We will provide regular testing for residents and associates.
– Associates and residents are given ongoing training and the latest best-practices for keeping themselves and others safe.
In addition to these measures, we have strict resident move-in policies in place. New residents must:
- Produce a recent (within two days) negative COVID-19 diagnosis, along with a letter from their physician stating that they are healthy.
- Have been symptom-free for 14 days.
- Pass screening on the day of move-in (temperature, blood oxygen, questions regarding possible exposure and travel).
- Adhere to our physical moving-in policies, including using our approved vendors.
Please speak to your Executive Director or sales representative for further details.
Our community is now open for visits with family and friends. Please call your Executive Director for community-specific details or requirements and to schedule yours.
Visitors of all communities must:
- answer our COVID-19 screening questionnaire before gaining entry to the community,
- follow all directional signage,
- practice safe social distancing, and
- wear a face mask as they move through public areas (both indoor and outdoor) of the community.
Download our Visitation Policy to learn more.
Download our Comprehensive COVID-19 Guide for Seniors